Monday 13 April 2015

All Change!

Well maybe not everything but a few things.   

Last November Mr M and I moved into a new place.  It's still Sheltered Accommodation but a lot more room as I was in a bedsit before.  I just had to move across the road but Mr M had a far longer and harder move.  We've now got everything unpacked and the bed up in the guest room.  This takes me on to a different subject.  Due to our illnesses sometimes in order to get a good sleep we sleep in different beds - shock horror!  Popular opinion seems to be that there must be something wrong if a couple wants to sleep in separate beds, I think it could enhance a relationship.  Getting a good sleep means less grumpiness - thus less arguments.  I have to say I'm really grumpy first thing in the morning.  See that meme with the gremlin thing with a cup of coffee, that's me in the morning.  Most days my conversations in the first hour consist of a series of grunts rather than any actual speech.

My Scooter has packed up for the moment.  The last time it worked was Up Helly Aa and I swear I didn't get it seriously drunk - a mobility scooter has to have some fun sometimes!  We thought it was the charger but now aren't sure but we've still a few things to check out before we give in.  I've really missed having the freedom that I had with the scooter and be able to do things without burdening other folk for lifts and being more spontaneous generally.  Although I can't drive in town, (cognitively that is a huge no go and I'm sure would result in various emergency services being called within 10 minutes of me driving in town), the scooter took me to the shop, hall and ferry on the island.  I know I had to be careful with how I was feeling if I was feeling the slightest bit iffy I would not drive it, again could cause an accident.  I know I didn't use it everyday and I'm thinking as well as actual freedom the idea of having freedom is also important.





I love lots of things about the new house but especially when I'm having a bad day being on the couch and watching the waves.  We've also got a really small garden which I feel able enough to maintain.  It's an established garden so we're going to wait and see what comes up.  We've already had Daffodils and Primulas so far and are excited to see what comes up during the summer.

No comments: